Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Scarlett in the hospital

I'm sure everybody knows by now that Children's Hospital has been our second home for the past few weeks, unfortunately. We are still just trying to get Scarlett breathing comfortably again so we can go back home! In the meantime, here are some pictures for those of you lucky enough not to be here.

My poor baby in the emergency room on our first visit. This was right after they rushed us to Children's Hospital by ambulance, and they immediately hooked her up to all sorts of things. She was under a heat lamp, which made her nice and warm, luckily.

Later, when we moved to her regular room, we got to hold her.

Meeting Great Grandma Semro for the first time! It was not the meeting we'd planned for.



For some reason, I didn't take any photos during our second hospital stay. But after we were released, we drove home in this!


I'm not going to post any photos of Scarlett's early days in the ICU, because they make me sad. But here's one of after she came off the respirator.

This is when I first got to see her off the respirator. I could finally get close!

Mommy and baby reunion.

Scarlett has enjoyed hanging out with her new friend, Mr. BunnyBear.

But here's where we would rather her be -- snuggled up at home. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that it will be soon!

6 comments:

Nicole Puckett said...

I'm so glad you posted these!! She looks really good! I expected that she might look frail but she looks like a healthy baby stuck in the hospital!! You all will be home soon !

Aunt Linda said...

Thanks so very much for all of the new pictures. It helps those of us who are far away to stay connected. These are so precious!
I know these weeks have been hard for all of you...keep hugging each other...one foot in front of the other...one day at a time. Sending much Evansville love to you all. Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

I have been having good vibes about Scarlett since we've talked this week. I know she's super strong, especially since she knows her mom and dad love her so much!

Julia said...

While thinking about the three of you, I thought I would find a quote from a woman far more eloquent than I could hope to be...
"Children's talent to endure, stems from their ignorance of alternatives." -Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Scarlett is Strong-Courageous-Adorable-Rare-Loving-Extraordinary-Timeless-Terrific!

Anonymous said...

Every day we pray that Scarlett will be better than yesterday, and every day we say thanks for each blessing. From Texas to Ohio, we are always thinking of you and praying for you. May God keep you in His tender care!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a beautiful baby! She sure looks bright and happy with those big, blue eyes.We hope and pray that everything continues to go well with all of you. Scarlett has been on our prayer list from the beginning and we know the good Lord is taking care of her. We can't wait to see her and hold her. Hope that will be soon.
Love You
Great,Great Grandma & Grandpa Klement