Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tube-free Scarlett


It was recently brought to my attention that I haven't been updating this blog very often. I tried to deny it at first, but it's true ... it's been a whole month since my last post! I never have time! But I'm going to try to do better. And as a special treat, this post will have lots of pictures, including my above attempt at artsy black-and-white.

So, you may have heard the big news around here -- Scarlett is now feeding-tube-free! We're obviously very excited that she's doing better and able to be off the tube, though it hasn't exactly been smooth sailing. She's still struggling a bit with bottle feeding. Even though she's able to suck from the bottle just fine, she's not eating as much per feeding as she should be, and then not getting enough food in for the day. But her doctor is determined to keep her from going back on the tube, so we're trying a higher-calorie formula to see if we can get her back on track.

She's definitely cuter without the tube! Here are some pictures from earlier today:



And here are some more random shots from the last month or so. Sleeping soundly in the car (this was just minutes after throwing a huge screaming fit while were visiting some friends. She loves the car!)

Bathtime! Hooded towels have to be one of the cutest inventions ever.


Hanging out on our bed.

Scarlett is apparently teething. She's definitely chewing on everything she can get her hands on. This bee toy is a favorite.

We don't have many smiling pictures, so here's an old one with the feeding tube that I never posted.

Scarlett with Jason on his 30th birthday (May 25).

I'm jealous. Here are just a few of the not-so-great pictures I have of me with Scarlett. One day we'll get a good one!


In the meantime, there's this one of us taking a Saturday morning nap together. Aww.

No comments: