Monday, July 14, 2008

New house: Work weekend 2

It was another productive weekend, and now there's less than a week before the big moving day! Still a lot to get done, but we've already finished a ton of the stuff on my really long to-do list, so I'm very happy.

This weekend my helpers were my old college roommate Danielle and my mother-in-law. Jason wasn't able to spend much time at the house because he was helping his dad move -- so it's definitely a busy few weeks for us!




Here's what we got done:

- Painted the half bathroom and upstairs bathroom. The half bathroom, which is right off the kitchen and dining room is painted the same dark green color as the bottom half of the dining room. The upstairs bathroom is an aqua color called Jadeite Bowl.





- We also painted the bathroom cabinet doors and windowsill, which were dark brown, white. I took down the cute little half-shutters, also painted dark brown, and will eventually paint them white and put them back up, but that's going to have to be a project for another time. The doors still need to be put back up.



- Finished painting the living room.



- Reassembled the kitchen cabinets. After a failed attempt to drill new holes for the new cabinet hardware (the first couple worked out OK, then on the second two, despite using the same measurements, the drilled holes didn't match up to the handles. Argh!), I decided to compromise on my original idea and just get the stupid things put back together. So I just put the old hinges back up, filled in one of the two holes from the handles, repainted the doors, and used knobs instead of handles. They look fine from far away, I think. Maybe one day a long time from now I'll re-attempt changing the hinges.





2 comments:

Corinne said...

Looks fantastic! For a minute it makes me want to repaint rooms in my house. For a minute and then I snap back to reality. Who knew that cabinet doors where such a pain in the but. They make it look so easy on TV.

Unknown said...

That half bath looks tight! Just wait until the drop ceiling comes down - it will be glorious.