Saturday, October 11, 2008

New couch!


Here's our new couch! Anyone who knows me knows that I've been coveting a new couch for years now, so I'm really excited to finally have one. After looking at lots and lots of furniture stores, we found this one at World Market. The fabric is a light brown chenille, and it's very comfortable so far. I'd originally wanted to get a sectional, but all the ones we found were way too big for the room (not to mention way too expensive). So I like that this gives you a little more seating with the chaise but it also doesn't take up too much more room than a regular couch.

EDITED TO ADD: Good news! When I looked the couch up on the World Market website to find out what the fabric was, I noticed it had been marked down by $200. So today I took my receipt in to the store to see if they'd give me a price adjustment, and they did! Even though the receipt said they'd only do adjustments within 10 days, and it has been three weeks since we bought the couch. I think the guy felt sorry for me. But hooray for a $200 refund!



And I made one last furniture purchase to round out the living room, this light purple velvet chair, which I got for $25 on Craig's List. It looks really pretty with the area rug we have in there, which has a couple of light purple stripes in it. And I swear that's really all the furniture I'm going to buy!

Now, for fun, a brief history of my couches:


Jason and I used this couch as our main couch in our first apartment, and then we had it in the living room in our house in Georgia, where we didn't really sit on it all that much. It doesn't look too bad in this photo, but it was old and the cushions were really beat up. Plus, I inherited it from my ex-boyfriend, so I think it's for the best that I didn't keep it forever. Here it is in its new home, Ben's apartment at Ohio State:


And then we had this lovely set, which Jason got from a friend of a friend and used in his first apartment in Lorain. We used it in our TV room in Georgia. Besides the fact that it's, let's admit, pretty ugly, each sofa had two recliners built in, so it's some of the heaviest furniture you can imagine. I swore we would never move it again after we moved into that house, and thankfully, we didn't! I sold the entire set on Craig's List before we moved for $300.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

I love your new couch. I always wanted a chaise but could never find one I really liked. But yours looks very comfy. I would never leave the chaise area part of the couch!