Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Shower season



I'm a little less than two months away from my due date now, which means I'm right in the middle of complete baby shower craziness. My female coworkers threw a surprise shower for me over the weekend, which is going to bring my total shower count to FIVE. Which we can all admit is little ridiculous, though I certainly won't complain about people being eager to buy me (well, OK, the baby) presents!

The first shower was a few weekends ago, thrown by my mom's sisters at my Aunt Donna's house. As you can see in the top picture, we had a lovely, fancy brunch (with delicious apple and blueberry French toast) before moving on to the main attraction of opening presents.

Here's a photo of most of the guests, including my cousins Katie and Audrey, who came in from Chicago and Indianapolis, and my Aunt Linda, who came in from Evansville. Grandma Carol seems to have stood this photo out, and grandma-to-be Becky was taking the picture.

Me with my mom and Jason's mom, the two future grandmas.

And now, the presents! We got so much great stuff, including a crib, stroller and car seat. There are multiple photos of me opening every single present, and that's going to get old around shower number two, so I'm just including a few highlights.

Here's the pretty quilt for the nursery (how cute are the little birds?), and I also got sets of pink and green sheets to go with it.

We're all very excited about the stroller.

Hooray! A Boppy.

And last, these were two Christmas dresses I wore as a little girl. So ruffly! I think we've finally settled on the name Scarlett (well, for now, at least), and everyone agreed these dresses are very Gone With the Wind-esque.

All in all, it was a great day, so thanks to everyone who helped out, and to everyone who made the trip into town.

I'll try to add photos from my work shower tomorrow.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

I love the dresses, so girly! And I love the name Scarlett. To be honest, my favorite thing was the plates you ate off of, they are so pretty and I love the doodle in the middle.