Thursday, October 23, 2008

Surprise! shower

My awesome coworkers threw me a surprise shower last Saturday. I headed over to Michaela's house for what I thought was just going to be a girls' hangout night, and instead I found this! Tons of pink cupcakes and pink presents. We had lots of fun. Here's a rundown of the night:

We ate cupcakes and other bad-for-us snacky food like cheddar popcorn and Cheez-Its. Yum.

We drank delicious fruity, sherbety punch. Some of us also drank wine.

We played the "guess what baby food this is" game. Surprisingly the green beans, which appeared to be the scariest, weren't as bad as the "carrots." I've never tasted carrots as bitter as these baby food carrots. The bananas were quite good, though.

Then we opened presents. We got lots of fun stuff, like bibs ...

Organic onesies ...

And Boudreaux's Butt Paste. I think my look says it all here. Here's a close-up look at the butt paste:
Then we headed outside to sit around the fire pit, where we drank hot chocolate, made s'mores and had a good old time. Fun stuff. Here's me with Michaela and Brittany toward the end of the night:



So this weekend's an off-weekend, then I have showers the next two Saturdays in a row. Then one more weekend off (that Saturday we're planning to throw a housewarming party) and then my last shower will be the weekend of Thanksgiving. And then I hope to just chill out till the baby comes.

No comments: